We’ve been flooded with questions lately about our longevity diet and our recent comments about polyunsaturated fats (PUFA). You may ask, why are we so anti PUFA? What’s in it for us?
Well, less arthritic pain. Better health. Longevity. We’d like our kid to not be eating PUFA in every single product made for children. PUFA is creating long term cumulative problems like arthritis, obesity, heart disease, cancer, type 2 diabetes and premature aging.
We have been helping customers for years manage inflammation with our CBD products. Our research for solutions lead us to the number one source of pain and inflammation and how to deal with it. We want to help everyone get to the root cause and solve their problems and we actually want you to need less of our products. But for a time, with consistency, our products will give you the tools to deal with chronic inflammation and have a better quality of life.
With this in mind, here is our number one easiest entry point into getting control over your health and starting the longevity journey.
1. Eliminate polyunsaturated fats from the diet.
2. Take CBD to help reduce inflammation, lower stress and improve sleep.
3. Take vitamin E daily or any time you eat PUFA.
4. Take 3-9 systemic enzyme capsules daily on an empty stomach.
Depending on your current state of health, you may need to do this for a few months to a couple years or more. In the first two weeks you should start to see massive reduction in inflammation and improved sleep quality, and overall sense of wellbeing. At 4-6 months on a low or PUFA free diet, you should see reduction in age spots and skin that has more resiliency to sun damage, improved blood sugar balance, better mobility. After a couple years of flushing out a lifetime of garbage with our our basic protocol, you have, essentially, a younger body and have undone decades of cellular damage.
What’s so bad about PUFAs anyway?
There are two major categories of fatty acids, saturated and unsaturated. For decades, unsaturated fats have been touted as heart healthy, cholesterol lowering fats. The issue comes with the fact that unsaturated fats are highly unstable and become oxidized and rancid when exposed to heat. Oxidized fats create free radicals which weaken our organs, cause accelerated aging and are cancer promoting. PUFAs also deplete vitamin E which is one of our most valuable dietary master antioxidants next to glutathione.
Here is how to go PUFA free:
1. Cut out the most toxic of the PUFAs from your diet. These are cooking oils such as soybean, corn, sunflower, safflower, canola, palm, peanut, sesame seed, grapeseed and of course hydrogenated oils, AKA trans fats. Fish oil supplements are also in this category, unfortunately. Cold water fish need polyunsaturated fats to survive because they stay fluid in cold water (as opposed to saturated fats that harden in cold temperatures like lard and coconut oil). Less egregious PUFAs would be nuts and seeds, nut butters, olive and avocado oil (which is a mix of monounsaturated fatty acids). Also, factory farmed animals that eat a diet high in corn and soy will contain more PUFAs in their fat, so try to find animal protein sources that are organic and pasture raised. If you have health problems eliminate all PUFA for a time.
2. Read labels of foods you buy and be mindful of eating at restaurants. Most will use PUFAs to prepare foods. Fried, sauteed and stir fried foods will definitely be cooked in PUFAs. Opt for grilled, poached, boiled and steamed foods options when eating out and take vitamin E with your meals.
3. At home, cook with coconut oil, ghee, butter, lard or tallow.
Mellow Out The Pain and Inflammation Caused By Inflammatory Oils and Foods:
CBD is one of the best ways to get the body back to homeostasis. Studies have shown CBD can reduce anxiety, lower blood pressure, improve cognitive function, improve sleep and manage stress*. We use this to get our inflammation under control quickly. We have several other blog posts regarding CBD benefits here and here if you’d like to learn more.
Breakdown the stores of PUFA in your body:
Some studies have estimated that the half-life of fat stores is around 400-600 days, which means that it could take up to 2-3 years to gradually reduce the number of PUFAs in the body. Dieting and exercise can release these PUFA fat stores quickly, but at the same time recirculate these fats in the body causing more free radical damage. This is why we need to protect ourselves with vitamin E daily. If you are on a weight loss diet you can safely take two capsules per day AM and PM. Too much E can cause blood to thin. You should also make sure to take a full spectrum E that contains a mix of tocotrienols and tocopherols for best results.
Reverse the damage:
While diet and vitamin E can help mitigate PUFAs, we can take things to the next level and start breaking down fibrin, biofilms and plaque that have accumulated over time by poor diet, mold exposure, and physical injuries. Systemic enzymes are like Drano for your body, dissolving debris. An enzyme blend that contains serrapeptase or nattokinase can be hugely impactful for overall wellness and longevity. These are taken on an empty stomach, as opposed to digestive enzymes that are taken with meals. We recommend 3 capsules 3x day for at least one to two months and then scale down to 3 per day if you want to fast track your progress.
Our Banish the PUFA Essential Longevity Trifecta:
2. Our Perfect E vitamin E formula.
3. Our Systemic Enzymes
These are all available in our store now.
*These statements have not been approved by the FDA and are not meant to be used as medical advice. Please see your physician before embarking on a new diet and supplement regimen.